Friday, November 7, 2008

Spreading the Love

Supposedly there were streets all over Seattle that were flooded this morning (I say supposedly because I did not in fact witness these “flooded streets”, but if Mr. RadioMan says they’re out there I’ll believe him) making for a not very fun Friday morning commute. Not that morning commutes are ever fun, but Friday mornings ones usually rank above average in the sense that I don’t search through the glove box in the hopes that this is the morning I remembered to bring that box of razors.

Basically every street was completely gridlocked and you know when that happens you’re lucky when people don’t block the intersection. Well, this morning as I was waiting to turn right onto one of these backed up streets two cars had pulled up and blocked the crosswalk and some lady, who was waiting to cross the street (and I might add at first seemed totally normal) stepped up to one of the cars and started banging on the passenger side window and screaming, “You’re blocking the DAMN crosswalk you JERKFACE!” Then she kicked the tire for good measure. Then she walked up to the next car, also blocking the crosswalk, and banged on the trunk and yelled at him too.

I don’t know about you…but I’m thinking that was a bit of an overreaction, it’s not like she was unable to get to the other side of the street. Nobody came close to running over her. In my book, that is called “success”. I mean most of the time when I cross the street I come very close to getting run over. In fact, just the other day when I was walking to school I was only one millisecond from being smashed by a red sports car – so, yeah, this lady has issues.

Anycrap, I just felt the need to share that with everyone. But what I’m really here to do is pass on an award. A while ago Jamie at Oh! How Lovely! gave me an award! So Sexciting! It’s a cute award too - just look at it:

Now I get to pass this beauty on to five other deserving bloggers. I decided to share it with some bloggers I only recently started reading…I’m sure everybody else in the blogger world is way ahead of me, but I’m slow so give me a break. So here they are:

Losing It – She’s quite funny and snarky. I have quite the little blog crush on her.

Love Maegan – We have a lot in common – same name, she has a pug and I would give my right ovary to have a pug of my own, we both like fashion. Really the only difference is she’s a hot blonde and I am, well, not.

Genius Pending – He’s pretty much the only other Seattle blogger I know of and he’s funny and he lets me leave offensive comments about setting the elderly on fire and returns the favor by leaving offensive comments here and, well, I think it’s pretty damn funny.

Arjewtino – I learn a lot from him. I mean just the other day I learned that if you search for “Lose your virginity to a dog” you get a lot of results. Yep, very informative.

Stoogepie – So I’ve been reading his blog for a while, but, come on, he writes naughty comics. Emphasis on the naughty.

So that’s that. I hope everybody has a fan-fucking-tastic weekend!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she's related to this chick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ogrMr4lWc

I'd embed that but it's Friday and cut/paste seemed easier.

Maxie said...

I laughed outloud at "sexciting"

Anonymous said...

Teehee! Naughty comics. I'm checking his out right now!

Unknown said...

you mean you DON'T keep a box of razors in the glove compartment?

: )

I used to live in Orange County/LA area... believe me, I know traffic. This is why we should all own bicycles!

J.L. Danger said...

Hey! I know- I love their stuff. I am sure that if you emailed them they could find a way to get you what you want.

The lady in the crosswalk- I hate to admit it, but I am that lady. But only when I am picking my kids up from school. I absolutely HATE it when people block the crosswalk at school- there are literally HUNDREDS of children trying to cross in the crosswalk that some douche bag in a sports car is blocking, because he thinks his time is more important than young children's safety.

But they are kids, and this woman is not (was she?) and she sounds totally crazy, not me.

Jessica

Andy said...

EwwwTo the Arjewtino part. Really.

Anonymous said...

Today sexciting!

Anonymous said...

Yay!

I love winning these awards! It's all warm and fuzzy like.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I'll have to check out some of these new ones. Two bloggers from Seattle??? Unpossible!!!

Matt said...

HAHA, great picks!

Anonymous said...

Crap, just noticed this, sorry for the delayed response. But thanks for the award! I'm printing it out and putting it on my mantel.